We are hiring talented Cost Accountants to join our team in Cotroceni offices, Bucharest. In this role you will be responsible for performing plant accounting functions including daily and weekly transactional processing, monthly and quarter end closing, period ending account reconciliations and internal controls.
The Cost Accountants have a big impact on cost, sales and revenue. We work directly with Controllers at 180 plants. This gives a unique opportunity to work close with operation and aquire business understanding. We also work with exciting new technology.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits as well as challenge and progression in your role. With a growing team and the opportunity to work flexible hours there has ever been a better time to join the Cameron, Schlumberger team!
- Establishment of current standard cost estimates and support of the annual cost roll process.
- Review of weekly batch settlement jobs, cost on order imbalances, labor/network confirmations and FI-CO reconciliation to identify and assist in correction of discrepancies or error messages
- Review of billing due list for items preventing release of invoices
- Review of aged work-in-process orders, unvouchered payables, in-transit inventory items and manual inventory accounts to identify and assist in clearing delayed or failed transactions
- Review of postings to inventory allowance accounts and subsequent adjustment to shrinkage, obsolescence, FIFO revaluation and fair market value reserves as appropriate
- Review of plant accounting reports for variances from standard cost involving purchased materials, in-bound freight, manufactured orders and cost center spending/absorption
- Completion of account reconciliations related to inventory, unvouchered and consigned payables
- Reviewing compliance with SOX controls & governance, monitoring application and adherence to Company policies
- Interaction directly with internal and external auditors during periods of review
- Posting of standard accruals and other monthly/quarterly closing adjustments as necessary
- Review of monthly assessment cycle processing to confirm proper & complete allocation of indirect labor, operational support and depreciation expenses
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Economic background (graduate of Academy of Economic Studies or similar)
- 1 year+ experience with GL/Management Accounting
- Operations or plant accounting experience and cost accounting experience is preferred, but not a requirement
- SAP experience is preferred, preferably in the CO module.
- 3+ years strong computer experience – MS Office
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work with large amounts of data and produce meaningful insights and information.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written in English. Spanish or Portuguese are a plus.
- Self-motivated, results oriented
By submitting your CV you indicate your consent for Cameron - a Schlumberger Company, Schlumberger or OneSubsea to process your personal details in relation to potential job vacancies. Your details will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.