Accountant / Senior Accountant, Merchandise Finance & IT
The incumbent will lead a team of staff to ensure accurate and timely month end closing of accounts.
- Timely and effective handling of month-end close, hard-close, fast-close and year-end close processes of designated business divisions.
- Lead a team of Finance Assistant and/or Finance Officer and ensure continual talent development.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of monthly management and financial reports.
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation/ review of internal and external schedules/reports.
- Prepare/review cash flow forecasts and ensure fund transfer requests are in line with Corporate Treasury policies.
- Guide the team with regards to account reconciliation of sub ledgers to general ledger and other balance sheet reconciliations such as banks/inventory etc for completeness and accuracy and follow-up on action items.
- Identify areas with exposure to risk/potential risk in the designated business divisions. Suggest solutions to mitigate the risks.
- Ensure that working papers, schedules, correspondences and other documentation meet quality assurance tests and are in line with DFS best practices.
- Provide support and respond to queries from divisions on a timely basis. Co-ordinate and work with other departments/functions to accomplish objectives.
- Ensure compliance with DFS accounting policies and internal control procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as well as other outside parties as required.
- Work closely with other departments to implement/set up accounting changes, new businesses, etc.
- Keep abreast of on-going accounting and reporting changes in IFRS and local reporting standards.
- Lead/ participate in ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 4 – 6 years of experience, preferably with some commercial experience.
- 1 - 2 years of FP&A and managerial experience
- General Ledger and consolidation experience preferred
- ACCA / Chartered Accountant License
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in multiple software packages and flexibility to learn new packages
- Department applications include SAP, Excel and Word
- Must have strong knowledge of US GAAP and IAS.