Senior Analyst, Systems Control and Oversight
The Senior Analyst will be part of the Systems Control and Oversight (SCO) organization, which is responsible for defining the core finance systems roadmap as well as the implementation and enhancement of core finance systems. The SCO team works closely with the business owners of the financial systems and the IT team to define business and system control requirements. Excellent business and systems analysis, critical thinking, internal controls understanding, and communication skills are crucial for this role. Must also be self-directed and comfortable in multi-tasking, disciplined, and adaptable to change.
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and oversight over an effective data governance framework for core finance systems
- Drive development, adoption and optimization to improve overall data governance policy, processes and standards
- Provide subject matter expert consultation and solutioning to business owners
- Oversight over IT deliverables in supporting core finance systems
- Ensure operability of core financial systems to support critical financial closing activities
- Core systems - Single POC with IT on critical issues. E.g. system failures, breach of critical SLAs, system issues during financial close
- Non-Core systems – work closely with Transformation Team to 1) ensure proper integration of financial into core systems and 2) establish accountability for product owners including maintenance, user education and enhancements.
- Continuous improvement, business process re-engineering and project delivery
- Provide technical expertise on audit issues resolution/preventive measures, establishing effective IT compliance protocols
- Closely partnering and solutioning with management reporting team to drive consistent data framework for reporting purposes
- Challenge status quo and bring new methods and techniques to the work force
- Provide recommendations on business processes enhancements from efficiency, automation and controls perspectives.
- Champion for digitalization of BAU activities to enhance finance way of working
- Use BI tools to facilitate management reporting, create and maintain KPI dashboard for stakeholder
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree with a combination of systems/ Accounting/ Finance concentration
- 5 or more years of progressive system implementations, business requirements analysis and solution building and internal controls implementation and assessment experience preferably with large, multi-national, publicly-traded companies
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and achieve in-depth understanding of complex processes and systems.
- Good interpersonal and articulation skills to bridge between Finance and IT
- Experience in designing and driving governance across finance ERPs and financial data
- Understanding and maintenance of management reporting hierarchies
- Drive digitalization initiatives to improve efficiency
- Experience with SAP FICO, SAP BPC, Analytical and BI tools
- Working knowledge of accounting treatments and statistical reporting