Financial Services Assurance - Financial Accounting Advisory Services – Insurance, Senior Accountant
Financial Services Assurance - Financial Accounting Advisory Services – Insurance, Senior Accountant/Manager
We are the only professional services organization who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Our specialized Insurance sector practices (both Life/Health Insurance and Property/Casualty Insurance) provide clients with traditional actuarial services (e.g., reserving, pricing and mergers and acquisition support), as well as leading edge services such as financial accounting advisory, financial reporting and measurement, financial risk management, modeling, hedging, reinsurance, securitization, economic capital and solvency services.
Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) is a fast growing and developing group globally and in Hong Kong. It offers you a dynamic and continuously changing portfolio as we respond to, and foresee client needs on an ongoing basis.
Within EY's Assurance service line, FAAS professionals provide:
- Accounting advisory services (including accounting and regulatory support; financial reporting and accounting advice; impact assessment, analysis and implementation of new accounting standards; assistance with GAAP and IFRS conversions)
- Services relating to accounting and financial reporting processes and controls support (including management reporting assistance; accounting policy manual preparation and update; process and controls design, implementation and diagnostics; process improvement)
- Services relating to public sector reporting and regulatory assistance (including assisting clients with regulatory licensing applications, and regulatory reporting).
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
- Deliver and implement projects, including
- Perform research on key accounting topics, market and regulatory related matters
- Perform financial, cash flow and income statement analysis to highlight key impact of a new accounting standard or regulatory requirements
- Analyze evidence and summarize conclusions on complex matters
- Lead the preparation of client deliverables and solutions, such as
- Financial and regulatory review reports summarizing our key findings
- Proposal documents
- Client training materials
- Provide technical advice to ad hoc clients’ enquiries
- Works with other EY teams (e.g. tax, advisory, audit teams in financial accounting related matters)
- Delivering finance and regulatory related aspects of projects
- Assisting in business process and control related advice relating to accounting and regulatory change
- Providing technical support to our audit team in relation to complex accounting issues and regulatory reporting
Degree and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or a Master's degree
- Accounting qualification or equivalent based on experience (HKICPA/ CPA/ ACCA etc. certification)
- At least 5 year experience in the Insurance industry:
- in insurance sector companies, and/or
- professional services firms, and/or
- regulatory bodies related to insurance
Other skills and experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (knowledge of IFRS 17 Insurance contracts is an advantage)
- Experience in US GAAP (is an advantage)
- Familiarity with SFC and/or HKMA requirements (is an advantage)
- Financial analytics experience
- Strong interpersonal and communicational and networking skills
- Good command of spoken and written English and/or Chinese
- Proficiency in Putonghua is an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.