Fund Accounting Manager VP
Who we are looking for
This managerial position is within the Asia Pacific Global Delivery (GD) Business unit located in Hangzhou servicing clients in Austrian cross Mutual fund, asset management business, ETF product to generate the NAV/UP and disseminate to clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
The is Global Product Delivery APAC Accounting representative role to HZ (1. operates with a view to aligning accounting processes globally in order to improving timeliness and accuracy whilst having a continued focus on efficiency 2.Involved in APAC accounting initiatives as the GD person).
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Vice President you will
- Strive to provide best in class service to our clients, always seeking ways to improve and automate workflow and processes.
- Participate and lead projects across the APAC fund accounting department, in particular those which look to mitigate risk, improve operational efficiency and deliver exceptional client service driven by global accounting team.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of end to end fund accounting workflow and show proficiency in understanding global strategy to guide APAC fund accounting team(s) in implementing best practice.
- Represent the firm in a professional manner at all times, displaying the ethical behavior we expect in all interactions, both within GD and outside GD
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Familiar with the Fund accounting service and etc. business, have broad knowledge of fund accounting process or bank back office operation
- Good understanding of Corp Action, Derivative, Future, Pricing, Capstock would be prefer
- 10+ years’ experience in fund service with a good understanding of global market and local regulation.
- 3+ years of management experience
- Strong ability and past experience to drive changes and projects.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Securities qualification or accounting related certification is a plu
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the proven ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet project timelines.
- Experience in effectively leading and driving operational efficiencies
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor + with major finance, accounting would prefer
- CFA , CPA would be plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.