Sr. Consultant, Fund Accounting
Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) responsible for processing and handling transactions for the Treasury & Budgeting group (T&B).
- Prepare, review and deliver schedule monthly, quarterly and annual Fund expenses.
- Update, prepare and revise any fee based expense accruals to the Fund Accounting system.
- Properly track, allocate and post expenses in the Fund Accounting records.
- Set up and post expenses in Web Cash Movement (WCM).
- Prepare expense reports for Semi-Annual, Annual and Prospectus reporting.
- Continuously provide insight on process improvement by strengthening controls and procedures.
- Prepare, review and deliver scheduled monthly, quarterly and annual Fund Performance reports.
- Respond to unique, one-time Fund Performance requests from clients and other departments.
- Prepare, review and deliver monthly SEC Yield reports.
- Research and input Fund index and benchmark information
- Maintain Confluence Performance System to ensure timely and accurate NAV dissemination.
- Provide and review all Fund performance information for Annual and Semi Annual reports, Prospectus and SAI’s.
- Provide assistance on on-boarding initiatives.
General Role Guidelines/Expectations:
- Ensures that the team/divisions goals for accuracy and timeliness are maintained.
- Escalates relevant and critical issues to management and all required partner areas in a timely manner.
- Reviews and maintains all roles and deadlines for assigned relationships.
- Follows core procedures, checklists and client specific procedures on a daily and monthly basis.
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact.
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or senior management
- Able to serve as a subject matter expert and mentor more junior level employees
- May supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees
- More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of accounting experience.
- 5 years of experience in fund/investment accounting.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.