Financial Services Assurance - Financial Accounting Advisory Services – Senior Consultant / Manager
Assurance Business Service specialize in delivering high quality and efficient audit and advisory services to a portfolio of clients, understanding the enterprise-wide view of business risk and how this risk can be effectively managed. We use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to evaluate business processes and controls, and advanced technology in knowledge sharing.
Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) is a fast growing and developing group globally and in Hong Kong. It offers you a dynamic and continuously changing portfolio as we respond to, and foresee client needs on an ongoing basis.
We currently are seeking qualified candidates for an excellent career and leadership opportunity in our Assurance Financial Service Organization (FSO) group. Our talented and dedicated FSO professionals deliver audit solutions to many types of entities including funds, banks and insurance companies.
Your key responsibilities
- Assist clients to navigate through accounting changes (IFRS 9/16/15) by developing fit-to-purpose solutions and/or providing practical expedients;
- Provide technical accounting services as part of complex transactions (M&A, IPO, Carve outs, etc.) or implementation of new business strategies under IFRS, US GAAP and PRC GAAP;
- Support clients in the transformation of their finance, treasury and financial reporting functions through the review of governance structures, processes & controls in place and the identification of solutions and tools to introduce better practices and bring efficiencies;
- Advise clients to set-up, implement and monitor hedging strategies including designations, fair valuation, effectiveness of the hedging relationships and their related accounting entries (Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate and Commodities risk management); and
- Work in small teams (3-10 people) with exposure to C-Level executives.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong academic background with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting (equivalent education and/or experience may also be considered)
- 3 years’ relevant experience in the financial services industry; candidate with more experience will be considered as Manager
- Deep understanding of capital markets and financial instruments
- English literate required / Mandarin literate is a plus
- Eager to learn and strive for excellence
- Ability to take initiatives with a team mindset
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.