Analyst, Stress Testing & Reporting
This role will be responsible for facilitating the development of the firm’s liquidity risk framework across the stress continuum from business as usual to a resolution event. The successful candidate will be a member of the Liquidity Stress Testing team and will help lead the development and execution of the enterprise liquidity stress testing framework, cash flow forecasting, and resolution liquidity. The role’s responsibilities include:
- Support the development and execution of stress testing scenarios and quantitative methodologies underpinning liquidity risk limits. Partner with the Balance Sheet Modeling team to ensure sound assumptions are developed considering client behavior and market conditions across multiple scenarios
- Partner with the global liquidity and resolution planning teams to develop liquidity metrics that signal varying levels of liquidity stress. Develop appropriate actions, escalation protocols and governance protocols commensurate with the severity of the stress
- Manage the firm’s Contingency Funding Plan ensuring the plan serves as an effective playbook in the event of a liquidity stress
- Participate in the review and execution of the corporate and regional liquidity stress tests
- Monitor the standalone holding company liquidity position under multiple scenarios, including the development of assumptions underpinning the projections. Support the manager of Liquidity Stress Testing in the development of recommendations to manage external and intercompany debt
- Support the broader resolution planning effort by leading the build out of the liquidity components of the firms’ resolution plans
- Communicate liquidity risks in a clear and concise manner to senior management, internal oversight groups, and external regulators. Lead the development of robust documentation to support key assumptions used for liquidity stress testing purposes
- Ensure compliance with global regulatory requirements and expectations that govern liquidity risk, resolution planning, stress testing, and modeling practices
- A college degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math, Engineering or other quantitative field is preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of experience working for a financial institution in financial planning and analysis or business unit finance, regulator agency or consulting firm, or related is required.
- 3 - 5 years of prior liquidity risk management experience working in a financial institution, regulator agency, consulting firm, or related field is preferred.
- Familiarity with Asset Liability Management, Liquidity Risk Management and Funds Transfer pricing is required.
- Exceptional ability to organize and execute responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to lead senior management level presentations.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills, critical thinking, investigating problem-solving and decision making talents.
- Advanced excel skills including advanced functions, data management, conditional formatting, advanced charting, pivot tables and reporting, VBA and macros is required.
About Northern Trust: Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us: As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies.
Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.