Finance Assistant (Fixed Assets)
The Finance Assistant for Fixed Assets is responsible to ensure that fixed assets records are complete, consistent with DFS’ accounting policies and compliant with local statutory depreciation requirements. This position is required to perform monthly financial close, post journal entries and prepare G/L account reconciliations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain fixed asset registers which includes capitalization/ disposal/ transfer of assets and execute monthly depreciation reports.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness of month end close, hard close, fast close and year end close.
- Ensure capital expenditure costs are capitalized and depreciated properly in accordance with DFS policies and guidelines, as well as applicable local statutory corporate and tax laws.
- Prepare account reconciliations with completeness and accuracy and follow up on action items.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as required.
- Provide support and respond to queries from Divisions, Corporate & Group Reporting (CGR), Store Finance and Finance Controllers on a timely basis.
- Provide monthly depreciation variance analysis to Store Finance and Finance Controllers.
- Provide depreciation forecasts, budget and strategic plan.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Process CAPEX invoices and billings for Vendor Funding
- Assist the Quantity Surveyors in preparing the Bulkload Template for issuing Purchase Order (PO)
- Generate periodic reports for Project Managers and Quantity Surveyors
- Other adhoc projects as assigned
Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent
0-2 years working experience (shared service centre preferred)
Must be proficient in MS Excel/computer savvy
SAP experience is an advantage
MNC exposure is desirable although not compulsory.
Good communications and writing skills
Good interpersonal skills and a team player