As one of the largest independent retailers of character clothing in the UK, at Character.com we aim to dress the imagination of kids and adults around the globe by becoming the go-to online retailer for all their favourite characters. Whether you love Harry Potter or Star Wars, Hey Duggee or Cat in the Hat, you will find we are the best source for fans of all ages.
Due to continued growth we are looking for a Financial Controller to join our growing team.
In a newly created role, Character.com are looking for a hands-on Financial Controller to prepare the management accounts for Finance Director and CEO review.
As a key player within the business responsibilities will include taking all the accounts to a trial balance finalized position, with cashflow reporting and balance sheet reconciliation.
This role will report directly to the Finance Director and will work closely with the assistant accountant, in addition to having strong links with senior leadership, the business (internal / external stakeholders) and operations.
• Working with the assistant account to prepare and manage the monthly closing of the accounts including both financial and non-financial data.
• Preparation and initial review of the balance sheet accounts and reconciliations
• Cashflow review and daily short-term forecasting
• Ensure compliance with local statutory regulations (FRS102)
• Support with statutory compliance requirements, including working with external audit, accountants, and outsourcers
• Testing new systems and automation, supporting the finance director in the implementation of digital finance solutions and streamlining processes.
• Ad hoc requests
Desired Skills & Experience
• A qualified and dynamic accountant
• Experience of working in Retail is an advantage but not essential
• Must be a team player
• Confident communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Problem-solving skills
• Good working knowledge of excel
• Happy to role up their sleeves and get stuck in