Senior Fund Accountant
Due to the significant growth and expansion of their Credit Platform, based in NYC headquarters, they are currently seeking a Senior Fund Accountant/Analyst to join the accounting and financial reporting team. The successful candidate will be joining a strong team where the focus will be on providing opportunities to grow, develop and be successful in your career. The candidate will be intimately involved with assisting in the execution of the day–to–day accounting operations as well as the monthly and/or quarterly accounting close and financial reporting processes. The candidate will also have the opportunity to participate in high profile projects building out the accounting and operational infrastructure of the Credit Platform to become world class.
The selected candidate will work with teams across the organization, including the Investment, Operations, Valuation, Tax, Investor Services, Treasury, and Capital Formation Teams, in carrying out the accounting, financial, and investor reporting responsibilities of the Funds. This will provide the candidate with a broad range of exposure to different aspects of the business and create great networking opportunities. This will provide the candidate the management responsibilities and opportunities to build and grow a successful team.
This fund is historically very generous with salary, and because of the low ratio of employees to the AUM, bonuses are extremely lucrative.
Job Description (Hybrid Role)
• Financial analysis, valuation, and modeling.
• Fund accounting
• Industry and competitive analysis.
• Business diligence
• Drafting of memoranda for internal and external use.
• Assistance in the execution and financing of transactions.
• Train and support team members in their development
• Operate as a contact point for clients; able to respond to and resolve queries or escalate where necessary
• Act as a liaison with various internal /external parties – i.e. auditors, legal counsel
2–8 yrs of public accounting with PE/HF/REIT Clients