LOAN IQ Business Analyst
Job Title: LOAN IQ Business Analyst
Job Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12+ months
A global financial bank is seeking a a Loan IQ Business Analyst. The Loan IQ Business Analyst will be focused on migrating the bank s lending platform from FIS ACBS (Advanced Commercial Banking System) to Finastra Loan IQ with all the satellite lending platform applications and reports. Conduct current data analysis and exercise data mapping between two subledgers. Implement Loan IQ and plan/configure/maintain the Loan IQ Batch process. As an IT coordinator liaise regularly with the corresponding Head Office departments, as well as the local IT, Middle Office, Loan and LC Operations, and Front–Office teams to ensure local needs are implemented correctly as well as issues solved timely.
Responsibilities of Loan IQ Business Analyst
- Loan IQ Business Analyst will act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and possess an excellent functional/operational knowledge of the activities performed by the various teams;
- Work with users to identify requirements and issues and work closely with development teams to define optimal solutions.
- Manage deliverables of the Banking and Lending program through analysis, design, testing, migration and implementation.
- Loan IQ Business Analyst will lead functional requirements gathering sessions with the business. Document and validate functional requirements with the business. Assist in the review of functional requirements with IT.
- Loan IQ Business Analyst will interact with business users to help define the business processes as well as gather, analyze, and document business requirements (use cases, flow diagrams, etc.)
- Define & manage business specifications end–to–end and act as facilitator between various groups– IT s reporting, finance, Operations & compliance etc.
- Execute Analysis & Design in different stages of the project
- Loan IQ Business Analyst will be involved in thorough test planning and coordination of testing activities front–to–back in cooperation with other involved areas and work with QA and Business Owners to develop QA/UAT test plans/cases
- Manage deliverables and timelines for all initiatives under the responsibility of their team;
- Review deliverables and ensure that change control procedures are properly followed;
- Escalate issues impacting the business in a clear concise and timely manner;
- Coordinate and liaise with local and Head Office IT on behalf of local users, ensuring that subject matter experts and stakeholders are appropriately engaged;
- Make recommendations to improve effectiveness and overall process efficiency;
- Ensure that all issues/alerts are coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked, resolved, and appropriately documented;
- Provide clear and concise project reporting to USIT management;
- Meet regularly with their team to gain feedback, status and insight;
- Organize client touchpoints and meetings as required, provide metrics, and manage client expectations;
- Foster collaboration between your team, the business and local and global colleagues;
- For specific IT or Business project impacting Finance on NY side, you will also be the IT finance representative for NY in the decision making & the follow up of the project delivery for NY IT regarding finance matters
Required Education & Experience
- BS/MS in Finance, Engineering or Computer Science required;
- Minimum 5 years of work experience with LOAN IQ in Operations, Finance and Regulatory and/or Information Technology is preferred;
- Minimum 4 years experience with a financial services organization preferred;
- Highly motivated self–starter with ability to operate in, and adapt to, a dynamic environment while learning new processes and tools quickly and efficiently;
- Experience with data manipulation using tools or languages such as Business Object, SQL over huge data sets;
- Strong MS Office skills including Microsoft Excel , Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project etc.;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with multiple types of analysis: current state operating model, data reconciliation, quality review, workflow analysis, process improvement, strategic vision, and functional requirements;
- Experience driving system implementation, developing and executing testing strategies, supporting model validation and remediation
– provided by Dice