Commercial Finance Manager
The Commercial Finance Manager will be responsible for supporting their business unit on strategic direction, decision making and providing insight in to all aspects of commercial performance.
Our client are a leading Retail business in the heart of Leeds City Centre.
The Trading Finance team work closely with the General Merchandise Trading and Supply Teams. You will be responsible for:
- Leading the range autopsy process for all Home and Entertainment categories, using new analytical software to independently appraise performance and identify opportunities
- Business Partner the General Merchandise Space Team in identifying and implementing the long-term change program advising on future category space and layout
- Leading on pricing, recommending changes to the decision-making process and implementing a more scientific approach across the business
- Work alongside the Senior Manager in continuing the transition to full end to end profit understanding, insight and decision making
- Lead the 5 year strategy planning process working with teams across General Merchandise to ensure correct modelling of strategic initiatives and alignment to corporate principals
- Identifying and supporting on opportunities to continue to grow sales, margin and cash performance
- Own the consolidated reporting and forecasting, providing tailored insight into monthly reviews
- Financial control of forecasting and planning process as well as ensuring there are no surprises during month end cycles
To be able to hit the ground running it goes without saying that you'll have a strong academic background with a professional Accounting qualification. You should have strong analytical skills and ideally experience of using Alteryx and Tableau (or other data visualisation tools). You'll have planning and forecasting experience, be digitally aware, be proactive in looking for efficiencies and improvements and keen to keep up to date with emerging trends.
You'll have a strong commercial skillset and good project management skills. You'll need the ability to build and maintain professional and credible relationships with both finance and non-finance colleagues and have the confidence to challenge and influence senior level partners. You'll be able to work cross functionally with strong leadership skills and commercial acumen, embrace matrix working and possess strong business partner skills.
You should be willing to bring your whole self to work and be curious with a growth mind set to invest in the development opportunities available both technically and personally. You'll be a flexible self-starter and able to work with autonomy and able to deal with ambiguity.
You'll receive an excellent benefits package which includes company car / car allowance, private medical cover, share save scheme and a competitive pension. We also like to share our success; after all you made it happen, so every eligible colleague is also part of the bonus scheme.