Finance Manager - Oakland
Description:Manages a unit that provides key business processes, data and/or services that support the attainment of finance goals. Ensures high customer satisfaction.
– Provides leadership and direction for the unit in accordance with the overall strategic direction of the department.
– Serves as the content expert of the responsible area, providing assistance and advice.
– Communicates information effectively, translating financial data into meaningful information that support business decision–making.
– Applies understanding of operational and financial performance to anticipate and meet the needs of clients.
– Holds unit to high standards of performance.
– Assures integrity of data and analysis.
– Defines and frames complex issues and develops time tables/processes for decision making.
– Facilitates the ongoing learning, well–being.
– Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.g, professional satisfaction and development of staff through training, work assignments, increased responsibility/autonomy and mentoring.
– Minimum seven (7) years of directly related financial experience with a variety of projects.
– Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
– High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
– Knowledge in one (1) of the following: accounting, finance, quantitative analysis, financial analysis, healthcare economics, information systems, organizational development, health care delivery systems, project management or new business development.
– Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to the health care industry.
– Strong communications, presentation and interpersonal skills.
– Excellent skills in complex analytic problem solving, project management and group processes.
– Proficiency with Microsoft office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
– Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
– Experience with SAS/SQL and Microsoft Access helpful.
– Prior experience managing staff.
– Experience with KP data sources.
– Actuary credentials preferred.
– Minimum five (5) years of experience in the health care industry preferred.California,Oakland,1800 Harrison 1800 Harrison Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: 4:00 PM Job Schedule: Full–time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non–Union, Exempt Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports Job Category: Accounting, Finance and Actuarial Services Department: CA MediCal, CHIP & Charitable Care Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.