Finance Officer #282 @ Charitable Foundation
Finance Officer #282
c. £35,000 - £38,000
London (with travel), UK
Our partner is a global charitable foundation, investing in technology, building and strengthening local institutions, and advocating and influencing local policy. Their programmes span across different areas including education, health & nutrition, empowering agricultural communities and establishing sustainable livelihoods.
The UK offices is responsible for raising funds from institutional donors and governments across Europe, and work with partner organisations around the world to identify, apply for and manage these grants. This role has been created to support the Programmes Finance Manager in bridging the gap between finance and programmes. You will be part of a small, close-knit team, joining the organisation at an interesting time when they have recently restructured and moved to a new location.
- Supporting the Programmes Finance Manager in designing and strengthening financial systems, procedures and controls on grant management and compliance, regularly reviewing and updating these; and training staff as required
- Monitoring programmatic activity and spend, and maintaining the grants management tracker tool.
- Preparing financial information for internal reporting, and assisting in the preparation of the programmes finance elements on statutory financial statements
- Overseeing the financial administration of programmes grants. This includes reviewing concept notes and proposals, preparing donor and other grant agreements, setting up grant codes, and preparing donor reports.
- Supporting on budget proposal development and refinement for new grant proposals; and ensuring that donor and the foundation rules on accounting, procurement and project implementation are adhered to.
- Supporting in reviewing and approving due diligence assessments on potential partners, and carrying out monitoring visits and audits of projects.
- Accountant with experience in programmes financial accounting & reporting.
- At least 1-2 years of experience of institutional grant budget proposal development, compliance, monitoring and reporting; this includes experience in managing DfID, EU, ECHO, German government, Swedish government, and USAID funding.
- Excellent command of the English language, both in a written and oral capacity.
- Strong business partnering skills, including experience of working with field staff in an INGO setting.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Apply for Finance Officer #282 @ Charitable Foundation
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly