Associate/Senior Associate, Corporate Finance Strategy (Financial Services), Singapore
We are the only professional services organization who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching you will experience ongoing professional development. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our Financial Services - Transaction Advisory Services group is seeking to recruit experienced professionals into our developing Corporate Finance Strategy practice. Joining us will provide individuals with fantastic opportunities to build on their current transaction and commercial experience, and work on a number of diverse and demanding projects as part of a growing practice area. We continue to invest heavily in growing our geographical footprint as well as our account coverage and execution capability, as well as developing new areas of capability.
Increasing globalisation of our Financial Services business means that we work closely with colleagues in both Asia-Pacific and the Americas in respect of serving our largest global accounts as well as delivering cross-border engagements. Our clients including leading global companies across the Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets and Asset Management industries as well as private equity, central banks and Governments. Our assignments are typically complex, integrated projects that frequently involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, as well as other professional advisers.
To leverage our already strong credentials, and to strengthen our ability to provide front-end strategic advice to our clients, we are building a dedicated Financial Services commercial diligence and strategy capability to complement our financial and operational diligence, M&A, valuations and business modelling services.
Your key responsibilities
We are looking for individuals who are able to make a significant contribution to the development of this new team. You'll be excited about being part of a developing practice area with clear room to grow, supported by the strength and networks of a market leading transactions team and the reach of a powerful global brand.
The team, whilst based initially in Singapore, will have an Asean-wide remit providing significant opportunities for international travel. This is a unique opportunity to gain practice and business development experience as part of building the shape and direction of a new team, within a Big 4 environment. Areas of our work include:
- Commercial due diligence
- Strategy assessment
- Market entry strategy and opportunity sizing
- Product and business unit strategy development
- Divestment options analysis
You'll have a diverse range of stretching experiences which will give you continuous learning and development opportunities as well as a great sense of achievement.
Skills and attributes for success
- Being a true business advisor to the client and establish yourself as a key client contact;
- Highly numerate;
- Ability to collect and utilise relevant business and industry trend information and to analyse this information effectively by applying numerical and strategic analysis techniques;
- Ability to plan and deliver sections of work against tight deadlines;
- Share your technical and other knowledge with your team and the department
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or any related discipline
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in executing and managing research and analysis of companies and markets, preferably with commercial due diligence experience
- Analytical work experience preferably gained in a strategy consulting firm or a strategy department of a leading corporate;
- Strong commercial sense and project management skills
Ideally, you also have
- A proven record of excellence in a merger integration, acquisitions, divestitures, carve outs
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry
- Asian language skills - especially ASEAN languages or Chinese
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.