Contracts Finance Manager #261 @ INGO, Children's education and care
Contracts Finance Manager #261
INGO, Children's education and care
Milton Keynes, with 20% travel UK
Our partner has a longstanding history in supporting children to improve their lives and their communities around the globe. They are seeking a Contracts Finance Manager to manage the financial and commercial acquisition of large-scale, multi-million pound commercial contracts.
The role requires leading and preparing high quality financial proposals, including risk evaluation; provide and clearly communicate appropriate technical support and advice, guidance and expertise to the organisation regarding contractual requirements; and support successful contracting opportunities with their financial and risk management.
- Tender process management: in collaboration with the Contracts Manager (and any Consortium partners) lead on the development of the financial aspects of commercial opportunities in particular and other acquisition type funding mechanisms such as Trusts and Foundations for development/ humanitarian programmes through the development of commercially sound, competitive budgets and narrative proposals.
- Financial oversight: provide tailored support, advise and review, plus negotiate, with National Offices (NO) and consortium partners in the development and delivery of appropriately structured budgets and narratives including cost gathering and verifying, budget development and ensuring the alignment of the budget to technical proposals.
- Qualified accountant with experience of working in financial management, audit or compliance-related work;
- Proven experience of Commercial Contracts and Payment by Results approaches and their financial requirements ideally with DFID and European contractors.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage the financial and commercial aspects of acquiring contracts from different contractors, while liaising with a wide variety of stakeholders, and communicating and negotiating with donors, partners and field offices both verbally and in written form.
- Excellent understanding of budgets under commercial contracts and the ability to effectively present competitive pricing options and models.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills to work cross-organisationally and with different cultures.
Permanent role, based in the UK, with 20% international travel including to fragile contexts to support the development of major bids.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.