BON SECOURS HAMPTON ROADS FINANCE
The Financial Analyst will perform and/or review complex financial analysis such as service line profitability analyses, feasibility studies, post–implementation reviews, variance analyses, COPN filings, charge structure evaluations and other special projects as requested. Analysis can involve the use of data obtained from various systems like service line payer profit & loss statements from Trendstar and budget development, expense reconciliations, and accounting drill–downs from SRC and Lawson. The Financial Analyst will assist in the preparation of, analyze and distribute budget plan reports during annual budget process and also process and oversee processing of manager revisions to insure integrity of revised budget workbooks and identify and investigate budget variances from initial plan with material favorable or unfavorable impact to budget. The Financial Analyst will maintain organized records of budget changes and correspondence. The Financial Analyst will assist with and provide back–up support to month–end financial upload into SRC budget and reporting system. The Financial Analyst will assist with and/or lead management financial training sessions. The Financial Analyst will provide support for Clinical Transformation initiatives across the system. The Financial Analyst will participate as a team member by performing additional assignments when workload requires and/or as requested.
1. Bachelor's degree required with a major in Accounting, Finance or related business.
2. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of accounting, budgeting, financial analysis, or related experience, preferably in a
3. Strong technical and professional financial/accounting skills are necessary.
4. This position requires proficient use of personal computer with applications like spreadsheets, preferably Excel, word
processing, presentation, and graphical tools.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills required for interfacing with facility management and coworkers.