Accounts Payable supervisor
A large manufacturing company are looking for a Accounts payable supervisor with the ability to oversee the accounts payable function and team. The ideal candidate Will be experienced and able to take command of a team of 4 accounts payable staff in all aspects from overseeing invoice handling and assisting in cash flow forecasts.
My client are a market leading manufacturer that designs, develops and manufactures Internal IT software systems. They're looking for a new second lead to their Accounts payable team.
- Ensure purchase invoices are accurately processed and in a timely manner.
- Supervise and manage the overall Accounts Payable function.
- Resolve all purchase orders, invoice and payment queries, working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the Accounts Payable Assistant's performance appraisals, individual development, absence management etc.
- Responsible for ensuring company purchasing policies and procedures are adhered to at all times whilst proactively identifying improvements to current processes.
- Ensure all Accounts Payable tasks are completed in line with month end deadlines.
- Reviewing purchase ledger on a monthly basis ensuring allocations have been completed correctly and investigating any balances in query.
- Record accruals and prepayments at the end of each month.
- Generate weekly payment run.
- Update the fixed asset register at the end of each month and report on variance between budget and invoiced/committed Capital spend
- Approving suppliers on Purchase Ordering system.
- Monitor Accounts Payable mailbox to ensure requests are dealt with in a timely manner
The successful candidate will be a strong minded, energetic Accounts payable supervisor, with a Strong track record of leading and developing a team. Knowledge of overseeing the entire Accounts payable process, and the ability to communicate effectively with separate entities.
- Competitive salary.
- permanent Accounts payable supervisor role within the Technology manufacturing and production industry in the Stevenage area.