RA Retail East Interface Manager
The R&A Lead is a very attractive business finance role with great exposure to the respective Businesses/function providing deliverables related to the Management Information, planning and appraisal process for a given business/function, providing clear and articulate commentary to senior decision makers regarding the underlying business results.
This role has to build in-depth understanding of the businesses, strategy & priorities across a number of dimensions in order to provide analysis and insights, identify key Value drivers and highlight where the value gaps exist. It has a lot of opportunity to have an impact on the performance of the business.
The role is an integral part of Business and Finance Community, with membership of the respective Finance Leadership Teams and Goals & Priorities aligned to the operational goals of the business. In addition, they are accountable to drive FO priorities of Efficiency & Bottom-line impact.
- Owner of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reporting processes for a given business/function – providing accurate, timely and insightful management information to the Business Leadership teams.
- Ownership and resolution of reporting issues providing steer to stakeholders on financial queries – including pro-active Month-end close validation checks to ensure reported financials and analysis are free from material errors
- Performance Appraisal - Ensuring that performance is well analysed and explained through commentaries/ variance analysis in management information packs delivered on a regular basis
- Provide deeply insightful analysis which incorporates external perspective - to support decision-making and drive the performance improvement agenda
- Planning Process – Contribute to the preparation of the annual business plan & as and when required, the strategic plan refresh (10-year planning cycle), covering operational, economic and financial KPIs
- Ad hoc analysis for leadership teams, including insights on financials/results, working capital analysis, price movement impact on cash/earnings, etc.
- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders, to deepen team's understanding of underlying issues within the line of business.
- As part of a matrix organisation, this role comes with the special challenge of working mostly through influence rather than direct control and very often in relation to senior stakeholders
- Ensure data confidentiality, integrity and accuracy for critical submissions to the Group / Investor Relations of results.
- Build team capability and expertise around the corporate reporting system & where relevant coach other team members in areas of expertise
- Champion and lead continuous improvement initiatives – to improve data quality, content of reports/analysis to the business and drive projects to standardize reports and analysis without losing the agility and ability to deep-dive results
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues across various finance & business teams to ensure achievement of common objectives in the most efficient and effective manner
- Balance Sheet analysis (in DS)– analyze Balance Sheet numbers including quarter on quarter movements with an intent to understand business drivers and drive impact to the bottom line
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.