Upstream Finance Accountant
The Business Analyst will be key in provide reliable financial information, data analytics and business insights, working collaboratively as an equal to influence the value drivers for the business and to support decision making. As such, the role holder needs to have strong collaboration skills and the ability to influence senior Business and Finance professionals across the organization.
a) Business Performance Management:
- Driving the delivery of accounting, analytical analysis and reporting of financial results for a specific business focus in accordance to accounting standard guideline. A keen eye for detail and being able to articulate the business needs will be essential skills. Provide insight to the Management team in monthly reporting of key variances.
- Provides first level analysis & supporting the business needs and queries from the Business Partners (Finance/ JV partners/ SBO Finance Operation stakeholders)
- Providing support and insights on Planning, target setting & budgeting/latest estimate activities
- Initiate and drive cross-Business improvements with bottom line impact
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Business and establish a working environment and work closely across the wider Finance team to ensure alignment of business objectives
- Ensure all strategic, managerial and operational metrics targets are either met or exceeded - with focus on Top Quartile performances and continuous improvement
- Robust Controls framework through driving high control awareness within the team together with strong emphasis on effective control operation at every execution.
- Keeps abreast of accounting and business developments as well as business performance drivers
- Demonstrates full compliance with Health, Safety and Security culture and behaviours
b) Stakeholder Management:
- Multiple stakeholders, Business and Finance on a largely virtual basis
- Internal FO cross processes accountability of influencing and managing end to end closing and reporting deliverable needs & operational effectiveness.
- Collaboration with technical experts in Controllers, Asset, Business Finance, Tax, Treasury etc. which in turn translates to effective reporting and management deliverables.
- Group Reporting & Business Performance Reporting linkages and deliverables.
- Manage Internal Audit, External Audit, JV audit requirements and support financial controls audit.
c) Project Management:
- Delivers assigned migration activities and ensures optimization of activity execution and resources.
- Actively problem solves, understanding the big picture, planning their work and working as part of the Finance team.
- Support and implement Global Reporting & Analysis initiatives
d) Process Improvements:
- Promote continuous improvement environment by recommending alternatives if current approach/process could be done in a more cost-effective manner while achieving the business objective.
- Develop ability to intervene and improve work processes & ERP, effectiveness and efficiency
- Have an eye for digitalization and recommend new ways to be more cost-effective
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.