Upstream Finance Analyst
The role will be to ensure that all group reporting tasks are performed in an accurate, timely and efficient manner. The candidate will be responsible for verifying financial data, making appropriate adjustments if needed, and provide financial analysis to facilitate business decision support. The role holder will have access to opportunities to collaborate in a variety of accounting and system process issues based on challenges imposed by early stage maturity of the S4 next generation ERP.
This position will report to Senior Team Manager - Reporting & Analysis in the Finance Operations Centre (FO) in Cyberjaya, Malaysia, and will liaise with the respective businesses based across various geographical locations. The successful candidate must possess strong communication skills and be capable of developing highly effective relationships with various stakeholders.
Reporting & Analysis support
- Work on monthly BOFC submission, resolve validation error and input commentaries, to ensure accurate timely information in to group accounting and reporting systems.
- Compile supplementary data on volume, tax, cash, commitment and etc
- Compile and present on the monthly FS review session
- Work on quarterly group IGPC submission along with the IG team
- Operate co-operatively with relevant stakeholders on and off shore to deliver overall success in accounting and reporting services
- Assist in preparation of reports for stakeholder reviews
- Support in collating inputs and preparation work for Controller and Finance Manager engagements
- Involved in statutory audit & liaise with auditors on audit queries
- Analyze key accounts (SOAR) to ensure aged balances are appropriately managed
- Operate co-operatively with relevant stakeholders on and off shore to deliver overall success in accounting and reporting services, at times on virtual basis
- Transaction analysis & ad hoc queries to support requests from Onshore, JV Partners & multiple FO stakeholders
- Assist in improving the level and quality of information that is provided to the business and used internally for review and control
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Business and establish a working environment where you can work closely across the wider Finance team to ensure alignment of objectives
- Ensure all controls complied with and evidenced
- Assisting with the process and all internal/external audit requests including those for JV partners and Production Sharing Contracts
- Responsible for planning own workload to meet stated deadlines and escalating issues as appropriate
- Identify accounting issues and propose solutions / escalate as necessary
- Develop ability to intervene and improve work processes, effectiveness and efficiency
- Promote continuous improvement environment. Recommend alternatives if current approach/process could be done in a more cost-effective manner while achieving the business objective
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.