Page Personnel Finance are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant for our client, a leading Sports Consultancy located in London's West End, a short walk from Euston station.
Our client is a leading multi-national Sports Consultancy located in London's West End. Due to expansion across their client base, an opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join their team.
Located in London's West End, our client is looking for an Assistant Accountant with responsibility for the following duties:
- Providing general accounts support
- Processing nominal ledger, purchase ledger and sales ledger in Xero
- Provide administration support to the Finance Manager and help maintain the statutory records of the company
- Ensure all invoices and expenses are analysed, authorised and coded correctly
- Processing employee expenses, ensuring supporting documentation
- Input all cash transactions and maintain files of cash receipts
- Record and administer use of company credit cards.
- Ensure the VAT treatment of purchases and sales is dealt with correctly
- Maintaining company asset register
- Managing the company insurance policies and renewals
- Assisting with the bank reconciliations
- Managing the Annual Company event budget
- Managing the company mobile phone contracts
- Lease renewals - e.g. Office, villas etc.
- Assisting with the monthly payroll
- Deal with all staff payroll queries in the first instance.
- Maintain up-to-date payroll records on Xero Payroll.
- Ensure that all PAYE and National Insurance procedures are followed.
- Assist with Dubai payroll - prepare and send payslips
- Assist with KSA payroll - process salary invoices, prepare and send payslips
- Help prepare P11Ds
The successful candidate:
- At least 2 years' experience as a Finance Assistant or a similar role in the Professional Services sector
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures - ideally AAT qualified or equivalent.
- MS Excel Skills (Creating spreadsheets and using financial functions).
- Familiarity with accounting software (ideally Xero).
Salary of up to £28,000
Competitive benefits package