Upstream Senior Team Manager
The incumbent will drive a culture of accountability, operational excellence in delivery of the process and end-to-end controller mindset to ensure first time right submissions. They will build a deep knowledge of the outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with the tools and systems that are an integral enabler of the process. They will work collaboratively with their peers within R&A and other processes where operational excellence or data integrity impact on R&A delivery. He or she will drive a rigor for accounting standards, controls and data accuracy in R&A processes, while collaboratively addressing performance and data integrity at the touch points with other processes within FO and beyond. The role also requires an ability to manage the appropriate metrics and drive interventions either directly or with escalation.
The position Reporting and Analysis (R&A) will report directly to the R&A Operations Manager Shell Energy Holdings Australia Limited (SEHAL) Australia in the Finance Operations (FO) team in Cyberjaya, Malaysia with interfaces which are largely virtual. These include stakeholders such as Controllers, Asset finance managers / teams (Shell operated and non-operated ventures) and other sub FO process stakeholders across various geographical locations, including Kuala Lumpur, Australia and other locations as required.
The position will display excellent supervisory skills and technical knowledge of the process and its outputs. They will ensure their staff have the right skills (functional, continuous improvement (CI), Process & Data to perform their role and will help their teams to prioritize and remove blockers when necessary.
The specific Australia accountabilities (which include but are not limited to) are:
- Support the Operations Manager/Process Lead through close collaboration across the Australia SEHAL Finance teams for successful delivery of offshored processes namely group reporting (month close), period end activities, fixed assets, etc.
- Ensure compliance with financial accounting policies and standards (GFRM) and provide timely advice to Australia SEHAL finance teams on application of accounting standards, and changes.
- Ensure business and financial controls are fit for purpose to demonstrate the stewardship and protection of Australia SEHAL assets.
- Work in conjunction with onshore and offshore GRA on controls.
- Support and maintain Country Dossier for Revenue Transparency in conjunction with Country Controller.
- Support other teams in application of RT with specific Australia SEHAL financial and commercial knowledge.
- Plan and coordinate Balance Sheet Reviews via the Reporting team and with Australian SEHAL Asset Finance teams.
- Perform timely and effective reviews on period end results and commentaries to ensure group returns are correct and in compliance to accounting policies.
- Collaborate closely with other Finance Operations teams and onshore Finance to successfully deliver various processes including group reporting (month close), general ledger, fixed assets, Inter Group & Third Party - accounts receivable and accounts payable, statistical returns.
- Manage external audit relationships to ensure that work (Group Ac audits, SOX audits) are carried out in an efficient and cost effective manner with issues promptly resolved and hindrances escalated.
- Collaborate closely with onshore finance teams and other FOKL processes to resolve audit findings and to avoid future repeats.
- Support Group improvement initiatives for reporting systems (eg. Report One, BOFC, Dataflow, etc.) and facilitate with Group requirements.
- Work with the wider Australian SEHAL Finance team (all locations including FO) in providing insightful financial and management indicators to the business to enable decision making that lead to improved business performance.
- Adopt continuous improvement techniques to fix broken processes through eliminating waste, simplifying and standardising processes.
- Inculcate financial awareness where necessary in context for Reporting processes and Projects.
- Delivery of operational excellence sustaining “Top Quartile” performance and effective operations of all applicable controls.
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities specifically to reduce complexity, promote best practice and provide focus on financial issues.
- Resource management including adequate business continuity process.
- Collaboration with Country Controller, Asset Finance, Functions and business stakeholders, including internal FO teams on effective reporting and management deliverables.
- Leverage change management/influencing skills to support process standardization and simplification.
- Co-create and development of a strong coordination and connectivity with other finance processes.
- Leads and manages migrations, divestments and improvement projects.
- Supports Group and department projects such as IFRS implementation, World Class Close, World Class Finance.
Team Management and Staff Development
- Build strong and competent R&A teams geared towards delivering high performance organisation at a competitive cost.
- Focus on sustainable working environment, mitigating challenges resulting from peak loading periods.
- Provides ongoing support, guidance and coaching to ensure effective team working, identification and resolution of issues and the building and facilitation of stakeholder relationships
- Effective resource management including succession planning.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.