The Staff Accountant provides support to the Accounting Manager in the general oversight of accounting operations and contributes to the monthly financial reporting goals.
- Ensures that the A/P, prepays, deposits, accrued payroll, fixed asset, and other assigned subsidiary ledgers tie out to G/L on a monthly basis
- Approves expense reports for payment
- Manage corporate credit card program and facilitate timely expense reporting in Concur
- Administers and reconciles company credit card
- Prepare of data imports
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations
- Assists with weekly/monthly cash reconciliation
- Accumulate documentation in support of all transactions
- Assists in the preparation of internal and external financial statements
- Assist with month–end close process
- Assist in preparation of external audit work papers and documentation pull
- Prepares assigned monthly journal entries
- Maintains recurring, reversing and accrual journal entries
- Complete year–end 1099 compliance
- Assists with maintaining internal controls
- Assists with customer and vendor relations by responding to inquiries as needed
- Assists with maintaining customer and vendor information as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3 years of accounting or audit experience
- Experience with Multiple Entity, multi–fund/cost center/division accounting structure is highly preferred
- A keen eye for continuous improvement opportunities with demonstrated ability to execute and implement change (process improvement, data integrity, clarity of data and messaging).
- Strong technical accounting skills, including consolidation and deadline–oriented
- Attention to detail, strong communication, both oral and written, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and assignments effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong systems acumen and excellent analytical skills
- Proven collaboration and communication skills