Senior Accountant (FT), Corporate Finance
Assists in the completion of the monthly and annual close; prepares and reviews journal entries prepared by accounting staff. Prepares and reviews monthly account analyses and reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts; prepares and reviews interim and year end audit work papers.
1. Compiles and analyzes financial and operational information required to prepare journal entries and reviews accounting classifications in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and the organization's accounting procedures. Prepares timely and accurate reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts on a recurring basis. Reviews staff account reconciliations and journal entries.
2. Assists with the month and year end close process, helping to ensure completeness of general ledger data. Prepares analysis and reconciliation of general ledger data for annual audit purposes, including reconciliation of general ledger data to subsidiary systems, as required.
3. Assists with the development, maintenance, and improvement of the department's standard operating procedures. Assists with development of processes which ensure the integrity of financial data in all financial software systems, and assists with development of strong internal control processes in daily activities.
4. Incorporates knowledge of PeopleSoft modules and related software in accounting operations. Strives to improve the account reconciliation and close process using data analysis and Excel capabilities.
5. Assists with review of non–patient billing processes, ensuring reporting of aging to management. Works with operational partners to ensure billing and recording processes are in place, and the subsidiary systems are reconciled monthly to the general ledger.
6. Assists in the preparation of internal and external financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, including the preparation of footnotes, for multiple entities.
7. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with 3 years of combined relevant public/private accounting experience.
Advanced Excel skills with a demonstrated ability to incorporate ERP financial data (PeopleSoft), as well as external database information into work product.
Demonstrated technical accounting competency with ability to independently complete account reconciliations drawn from distinct and complex data sources within a complex financial environment.
Must be organized, self–motivated, and capable of working independently while functioning as a team member.
Must be able to function under time pressures and meet deadlines.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
CPA strongly preferred.