Internal Audit Manager
For this and other similar positions, go to
Our client, a leader in their industry, is seeking an Internal Audit Manager with expertise in banking, leasing, and loans. This Internal Audit Manager will be the banking / leasing subject matter expert and will be a key member and leader of their risk–based audit program. Additionally, our client is seeking an Internal Audit Manager with executive presence and the ability to lead high profile audit engagements and projects.
Title: Internal Audit Manager
Salary: $110K – 125K
Location: Stamford, CT
- Assist the Audit Director in developing the annual audit plan and scheduling of audit assignments, particularly those that involve loans, leasing, and banking.
- Become the subject matter expert in the review and evaluation of loans, leases, and related accounting and business processes requiring a more thorough understanding of complex financial issues.
- Identify areas of operational, financial, and technology risk and helps the business functions mitigate those risks while working in a fast–paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Liaison with the business providing thought leadership and guidance to support their fiduciary, regulatory and compliance obligations.
- Perform detailed risk assessments. Partner with the business to assess risks of new technologies, including robotics process automation, data analytics, and other new technologies.
- Develop recommendations for policy, process, technology and internal control improvements.
- Develop and executes a comprehensive audit program.
- Review and approve work papers submitted by audit staff for accuracy, completeness, and compliance to department standards.
- Develops insightful operational observations that clearly add value either directly to the Company or through the business unit. Doing so requires ascertaining and furthering strategic or other objectives of the Company and/or the business units under review. (10%)
- Assist the Director in ensuring that employees continue to develop their auditing and accounting skills. Monitor progress and conduct performance evaluations.
- 8+ years of audit experience, preferably in Big 4 public accounting and/or Fortune 500 companies.
- CPA, CIA, CISA and/or MBA preferred.
- Banking, leasing, or related financial industry experience and expertise.
- Familiarity with data analytics and other emerging technologies like robotic process automation and machine learning is a strong plus.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage people and prioritize multiple projects and engagements.