Senior Manager Risk Projects'
Do work that matters
Business & Private Bank (B&PB) offers a wide range of services and solutions to business customers. We also take care of our personal and institutional online trading customers and our Private Banking customers.
The Business Customer Solutions (BCS) team supports the full spectrum of customers’ needs from the smallest businesses to the largest corporates. The Line 1 BCS Risk and Controls function, consisting of a team of risk professionals, has the mandate to ensure BPB and BCS has the right people, processes and systems to operationalise its conduct and control arrangements, thereby enabling the business to deliver on the Group’s purpose and values.
See yourself in our team
A number of BPB clients with Commercial Lending (‘CL’) products are entitled to, but do not benefit from protections under the National Consumer Credit Protection (NCCP) Act 2009. You will be a key member of the Program delivery team that will be responsible for ensuring we prevent our new customers from receiving a product not fit for their purposes; assess whether our existing customers require NCCP protection; solve our customer’s immediate needs and protect their financial wellbeing; and, support our impacted customers with permanent NCCP protections.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and lead a small direct team to deliver on key NCCP stream objectives;
- Build and execute on delivery plan, coordinating with a large group of stakeholders;
- Find ways to increase quality and speed of delivery for your stream and the overall NCCP Program;
- Understand existing processes, our obligations and requirements, and conduct gap analysis to develop improvement requirements;
- Work with business partners and stakeholders to deliver immediate and permanent solutions to close gaps identified;
- Work closely with Business, Legal and Compliance teams to ensure we meeting our obligations and customer expectations;
- Work on compressed timeframes, under pressure whilst ensuring your personal and team;
- Prepare and provide updates, options and recommendations to senior stakeholders.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Strong experience within financial services
- Strong leadership, relationship, organisational, planning, prioritisation, time management and project management skills.
- The capacity to work in a busy, commercial, competitive environment and the ability to meet objectives / targets and deliver customer centric outcome.
- Productivity – experience in delivering productivity, process optimisation and continuous improvement projects or initiatives
- Inductive Reasoning Ability – Demonstrates a strong ability to find links and trends amongst multiple and varied forms of information, integrating facts about the customer’s business and the industry they operate within.
- Negotiation and Influencing Skills – Demonstrates an ability to find solutions that are in the best interest of both the customer and CBA, using advanced questioning techniques. Is able to have difficult conversations with stakeholders that through professionalism will preserve the long-term relationship.
- Strong change management and training skills.
Please note: This is a 6 month fixed term contract
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Applications close: 25 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.