Senior Business Analyst
Do work that matters
We are seeking a number of experienced Senior Business Analysts to support execution of the Risk Management strategy through providing specialist capability and experience to solve high value, high complexity business problems.
A varied role, you will liaise with stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies and operations of the Risk Management function and recommend solutions that enable Risk Management to achieve its goals.
See yourself in our team
Risk Strategy and Optimisation (RSO) forms part of the Group Risk Management function. RSO provides support to the Group Chief Risk Officer (GCRO) assisting in the delivery against the Group Risk Strategic Plan in the most effective way.
On any given day you will
As a Senior Business Analyst within RS&O, your immediate responsibilities will align to delivery of the highest priority strategic initiatives under way across Risk Management, including:
- Current state analysis of core capabilities spanning across the Risk function, e.g. reporting, assurance, credit lifecycle, supported by relevant subject matter experts
- Tabulate and synthesise current state analysis to support playback and validation with senior stakeholders
- Support initiative leads with business case preparation, including formulating value hypotheses; benefits identification and quantification; cost estimation; and project plan creation
- Identify and represent opportunities for capability uplift, illustrating any gaps in capability that are impacting service delivery
- Develop target capability or service descriptions and supporting operating models
- Manage analysis, design or related project activities to tight timelines (and budget, where applicable)
- Work with the Exec Manager PMO to provide guidance and direction to Business Analyst pool, acting as an escalation point when required
Your path looks like
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities both within Risk Strategy & Optimisation and beyond the wider CBA group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
We’re interested in hearing from people who
- A tertiary degree in a relevant field, such as business, finance, statistics, psychology
- Strong experience in a similar program/change/BA role
- Demonstrable experience in value chain analysis, operating model design, capability and process modelling techniques
- Proven experience operating “in the grey”, in fast-paced environments undergoing complex transformational change
- Proven ability to shape poorly defined problems using creative and critical thinking
- Formal Business Analysis, Project Management and/or Agile qualifications desirable
- Ability to identify opportunities to strategically transform delivery of Risk services, with commercial acumen
Applications close: 25 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.