Upstream Finance Analyst
The primary role of the Upstream Analyst is to develop the detailed business and process performance MI requirements for SCEPCo. He/she will act as the overall focal point for managing MI changes from detailed design through to implementation and roll out.
The scope of the MI they will oversee will include the entire portfolio of information that is used to manage SCEPCo business. This information will come from SAP blueprint, current MI applications and external sources.
The individual will ensure that all designed solutions are consistent and integrate efficiently with the overall MI and Streamline strategy, standards, definitions, reference data and technical platforms. It will be their responsibility to ensure the gap between each of the varying supplying systems is bridged to provide seamless MI for the business and that going forward MI is being designed and deployed consistently across IGV assets. This is a key role within the Upstream R&A to help drive simplification and standardization of MI requirements.
This position will report to PAR lead - Reporting & Analysis in the Finance Operations centre (FO) in Cyberjaya, Malaysia, and will liaise with the respective businesses based across various geographical locations. The successful candidate must possess strong communication skills and be capable of developing highly effective relationships with various stakeholders.
Reporting & Analysis support
- Prepare actual management information reporting by providing commercial insightful analysis & appraisal and translate them into most optimal business decisions & actions to drive operational excellence.
- Prepare latest estimate activities which include diligent review, challenge abnormalities, consolidate, validate and submit in system on time.
- Support planning & budgeting activities to ensure credibility budget to be submitted as per given timeline.
- Support manpower time writing tasks to ensure first time right manpower costs to be recorded aimed for maximizing cost recovery position.
- Provide support to onshore business & finance as MI focal ensuring first time right financial data to be recorded as per latest accounting standards.
- Support and implement Global Reporting & Analysis initiatives.
- Act as Superuser for BPC & BP7 to ensure successful process changes & initiatives implementation.
- Operate co-operatively with relevant stakeholders on and off shore to deliver overall success in accounting and reporting services, at times on virtual basis
- Transaction analysis & ad hoc queries to support requests from Onshore, JV Partners & multiple FO stakeholders
- Assist in improving the level and quality of information that is provided to the business and used internally for review and control
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Business and establish a working environment where you can work closely across the wider Finance team to ensure alignment of objectives
- Ensure all controls complied with and evidenced
- Assisting with the process and all internal/external audit requests including those for JV partners and Production Sharing Contracts
- Responsible for planning own workload to meet stated deadlines and escalating issues as appropriate
- Identify accounting issues and propose solutions / escalate as necessary
- Develop ability to intervene and improve work processes, effectiveness and efficiency
- Promote continuous improvement environment. Recommend alternatives if current approach/process could be done in a more cost-effective manner while achieving the business objective
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.