Tax Customer Support Associate
Do you have a Finance or Accountancy degree? Alternatively, you may have an Accountancy qualification or be in the process of working towards one?
We have two excellent part-time opportunities to join our IRIS Customer Support Team based at our brand new Heathrow Approach HQ.
The first line team are the first point of contact for customers calling IRIS support. Customers typically call support when they have a problem, so they can be frustrated, and thus it is critical that IRIS customers are treated with courtesy, care, and consideration. As a 1st Line Consultant, you will be the customer’s first point of contact in support and it is essential this is a positive experience. You will be responsible for recording a concise and accurate description of the issue and agreeing priority (urgency and impact) with the caller.
Whilst full training in our application will be provided, you will need to be prepared to research HMRC Tax legislation, as rules are continually changing, and be able to advise our customers on how the legislation is managed by IRIS applications. Equally as the whole Tax process moves to electronic submissions it is essential you have an aptitude for IT.
Please note, this is a part-time job-share opportunity, where each successful candidate will work 18.5 hours per week between the hours of 09:00-17:30 Monday to Friday.
Some of the main accountabilities will include:
The role of Customer Support Level 1 – Tax, will be to answer all inbound calls / Live Chat, log and diagnose and resolve problems relating to the IRIS Accountancy Software Suite and associated brands.
- Provide excellent telephone support to customers
- Answer and log inbound calls / Live Chats, within 2 minutes
- Achieve a call handling score from the customer of 9 or 10 (out of 10)
- Achieve and exceed call targets each day
- Deliver a high-quality support service achieving and exceeding Customer Satisfaction
- Escalate calls/tickets to Level 2 in line with the escalation process
- Identify trends in need of KB articles and escalate to Level 2/Level 3
- Contribute positively towards team customer service targets
- Contribute positively towards team statistics
- Take ownership of problems
- Set high personal standards
- Keep backlog up to date and ensure all tickets are actioned within SLA
What are we looking for?
- A degree in Finance/Accounting OR an accountancy qualification e.g. AAT/ACCA (or proof you are working towards one)
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Assured, calm and concise telephone manner
- Excellent writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Well-presented and professional outlook
What's in it for you?
- We believe in creating a culture of engagement and reward to develop employee potential and offer long-term career success. So what can we offer you?
- Generous holiday allowance
- Private medical healthcare
- Life assurance
- Competitive pay and bonus scheme
- Complimentary benefits, including Bike to Work, Childcare Vouchers and discount schemes
Find out more about our flexible employment benefits.