Geronimo Energy, a National Grid Company, is a full–service renewable energy company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Geronimo has developed over 2,400 megawatts of wind and solar projects that are either operational or currently under construction throughout the United States. Geronimo has a multi–gigawatt development pipeline of wind and solar projects in various stages of development throughout the United States. Geronimo provides custom solutions for utilities and corporations looking to harness renewable energy for business growth. With deep roots in agriculture, Geronimo prides itself on developing renewable energy projects that are farmer–friendly, community–driven, and beneficial for rural communities.
Geronimo is seeking a Senior Accountant to maintain, and direct daily accounting functions related to Geronimo's wind energy projects. An ideal candidate will be self–driven, eager to grow, and excited to learn within a changing and growing company. The Senior Accountant should be willing to go above and beyond their normal tasks and take pride in their work.
- Create, monitor and post accruals and journal entries
- Perform accounting closing duties relating to month, quarter, and year end
- Coordinate reconciliation of sub ledger accounts and general ledger
- Work closely with external auditors to complete annual audits
- Keep budget up–to–date with accounting software and internal processes.
- Analyze financial reports and data to ensure integrity and accuracy.
- Support financial and business functions with analysis of financial data
- Process customer payments and respond to customer account inquires
- Work with the business processes and identify opportunities for improvement in efficiency and simplicity
- Actively participate in or support special projects as assigned
- Stay current with new or proposed local, state, federal rules and regulations and internal and external financial reporting requirements
- Additional tasks as assigned
- 2–4 years of experience in a related role
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Attentive to information being presented
- Ability to analyze data and interpret that data
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills for communicating with internal and external parties
- Achievement–driven, self–starter
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Accounting ERPs
- CPA preferred, but not required