Accounts Payable Accountant II - Houston
The Baylor College of Medicine is seeking an accounts payable accountant with knowledge of functions and features of the Concur Expense Management application and related business processes to join its accounting team. This role reports to the Director of Disbursements.Job Responsibilities
- Analyzes SAP reports indicating possible duplicate payments, determines valid duplicates, and works with the vendor to recover monies overpaid.
- Prepares and analyzes the Blocked Invoices Report and coordinates with the departmental, administrative, and financial departments to resolve.
- Works to satisfy vendor inquiries, questions, requests, etc. in a timely manner with emphasis on providing excellent customer service. Utilizes escalation process as appropriate.
- Communicates with departments on issues related to invoice issues that prevent payment.
- Answers department inquiries regarding A/P processes, requirements for specific transactions, the correct SAP document on a payment and generally acts as a Help Desk/liaison with the departments of the college.
- Acts as the point of contact on issues relating to ClinCard from departments and works to answers related questions
- Assists customers on issues with Bank of America (WORKS) software for credit card payments
- Processes refunds, returned checks, voids and reissues checks.
- Runs Debit balance vendor reports and payment exception reports and identifies and communicates resolutions on a regular basis to A/P leadership .
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Four years of relevant experience may substitue for degree requirement.
- Required: Two years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.