Payroll Manager, Associate Service Center - Columbus Metropolitan Area
If you're passionate about becoming a Nationwide associate and believe you have the potential to be something great, let's talk.
Number 57 on the Fortune Magazine 100 Best Places to Work.
This role is compensation Grade G2
Job Description SummaryJOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the day–to–day management of Associate Service Center functions such as: payroll; frontline customer services; benefits administration; project management; communications and/or customer education.
Reports To: Director/AVP Benefits Administration; responsible for 4 or more direct reports.
1. Manages staff to ensure adherence to established policies, procedures and service level agreements while providing training, career development and promotion staff engagement.
2. Interprets Nationwide corporate plans and policies pertaining to relevant Associate Service Center functions such as: payroll; qualified and/or non–qualified plans and programs. Responsible for creating and managing the administrative process.
3. Creates or provides significant input in to written and verbal communications that relate to the function. This includes face–to–face presentations and discussions for related programs.
4. May be responsible for relationship management with ASC vendors including input to negotiation of new contracts, ongoing relationship oversight and implementation of administrative processes associated with new vendor relationships.
5. Responsible for the management of associates including: performance
management, salary planning and administration, training and development, workflow planning, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions.
6. Provides information and service to all levels of management. Performs all duties with a high level of discretion. Handles confidential information in a professional manner.
7. Works closely with staff, providing input on programs and policies and how they are administered to meet identified objectives for the organization and/or to improve the level of customer services provided to associates.
8. Manages and is involved with all aspects of project management including consultation, design, development and implementation of new processes and technologies with the ASC.
9. Handles difficult or complex customer service or data integrity issues. Makes appropriate decisions based upon analysis, experience and judgment.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements :
Education: Undergraduate studies in business administration, economics, finance or human resources. Graduate level studies preferred.
License/Certification/Designation: Related certifications (which could include but are not limited to: CPP, FPC, CEBS, CBP, CLU, FLMI) preferred.
Experience: Typically eight or more years experience in payroll, benefits administration and/or planning. Must have experience in administrative, planning, financial and project management functions. Prior management/supervision experience required.
Knowledge: Proven knowledge of payroll, benefits planning and/or administration, ERISA, project management concepts and techniques, performance management and team development. Must have demonstrated knowledge in benefits theory, regulations and practices.
Skills/ Competencies: Must be able to conceptualize a business problem, define relevant issues, facilitate the determination of a methodology for resolving the problem, define alternatives and develop recommendations and solutions. Demonstrated project management and process improvement skills. Must have well–developed verbal and written communication skills for interaction with all levels of associates including top management, external management, and third–party providers. Must possess strong financial data analysis skills. Must be able to act as a facilitator for project teams or work groups. Must have strong negotiation skills.
Values : Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by the: AVP Associate Services Center Administration and Human Resources.
Overtime eligibility: Not eligible (exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Occasional travel. Non–standard or extended hours based on project needs.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.
Job Evaluation Activity: 12/2015:CB#HumanResources