System / Finance Manager
Robert Half, Welwyn Garden City are proud to be working in partnership with an owner managed organisation in Hemel Hempstead who continue to go from strength-to-strength. My client operates in the construction sector who occupy large, bright and spacious offices in central Hemel.
The Finance Department is well established and runs very smoothly on a day to day basis. The initial focus of the Systems / Finance Manager will be familiarising yourself with all team roles and supporting improvements and efficiencies through regular process reviews and system development.
- Management and co-ordination of all finance related projects including (but not limited to) arranging quotes, reviewing systems, creating and managing implementation timelines, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, arranging and chairing meetings and training sessions, monitoring and signing off UAT.
- Build and maintain relationships with our current software providers.
- Work with the Management Accounting and Payroll teams to further automate and enhance Management Information reporting by developing existing systems.
- Work with Finance team leaders and Operations management to ensure processes are efficient and effective, and that the Finance department provides the best possible service both internally and externally.
- Continually review financial controls to ensure the business is always following best practice.
- Be a member of the Senior Management Team providing an approachable and knowledgeable point of contact for the rest of the business.
- Provide systems assistance to the finance team and across the business.
- Be the key contact for all requirements for changes in legislation that may impact the business (e.g. changes in VAT, government reporting requirements)
- Support the Finance Director in any non-routine events including Banking and HMRC matters.
- Existing / proposed projects include: Automated Timesheet Entry, Research and Development, Invoice Recognition Software, Domestic Reverse Charge for VAT, Expenses Automation.
The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA or CIMA) who can demonstrate experience with software improvement/implementation who is also confident managing a team.
Salary & Benefits
The role of Systems / Finance Manager will pay £40,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience and qualification status.
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.