Senior Financial Analyst - New York
The SeniorAnalyst will have ownership of financial planning and analysis for Bloomingdale's Outlets. The Senior Analyst will be responsible the creation andmaintenance of financial models, forecasts, and reporting. This individual willbe accountable for providing sound financial analysis to support development ofthe Bloomingdale's Outlets overall business strategy, drawing insights frominternal accounting and financial reports, and communicating findings to keystakeholders. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Leverageanalytics and intuition to accelerate innovation. Evaluate the Bloomingdale'sexpense structure and identify opportunities for cost savings. Elevate findingsto Finance management to exploit opportunities and mitigate risks.
• Lead thecorporate development of capital expenditure requests for new stores andrenovations by building financial valuation models (DCF, IRR, ROIC, & NPV)in order to maximize capital investment value and achieve the company's visionof its store/channel portfolio.
• Collaboratefor impact. Build partnerships with senior level management in Construction,Real Estate, Store Design, Outlets and Properties Accounting. The role becomesan integral part of a project life cycle to maximize profitability.
• Complete themonth end financial forecast and close process for Bloomingdales Outlet storesand portions of Bloomingdale's Department stores, including the preparation anddocumentation of forecasts, journal entries, financial statement review andcommentary to senior management highlighting variances to the financial plan.
• Developseasonal, annual, and long range business plans by collaborating with businesspartners across the enterprise. Analyze real estate costs including rent, realestate taxes, common area maintenance, depreciation and amortization. Calculatenew store budgets for operating and non–operating costs associated with new storesand renovations.
• Provideanalytic as well as technical support for the Bloomingdale's forecasting andplanning user group.
• Audit andpublish monthly financial statements including store P&Ls to theorganization.
• Additionalspecial assignments and ad hoc analyses as needed.
• Train anddevelop a Staff Accountant.
• Regular,dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor'sdegree in Finance or related field required.
• Minimum of twoyears of experience in financial planning and analysis/accounting
• Strong writtenand oral communication skills.
• Basic math functionssuch as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must be able towork independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This positioninvolves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time,hearing, and talking.
• Mayoccasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involveclose vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewingcomputer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manualdexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involvemoving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Advancedproficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge ofOne Stream a plus
• Ability to work aflexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves theright to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an EqualOpportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.