Travel & Expense Management Accountant - El Segundo
Requisition ID: 46951
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game–changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?Responsibilities
Are you an experienced professional in Travel and Expense processing looking to join a team supporting the nation's leading experts in the space enterprise? Are you looking for a dynamic corporate environment that continually searches for the best solutions to travel industry practices?
Then take a look at the responsibilities below and apply online if they match your interests and skillset. We want to hear from you!
The Travel and Expense Management Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of tasks within the Travel and Expense Management Department. In this role, you will be responsible for verifying the accuracy of Travel and Expense Reports, PCard statement reconciliations, and other accounting documents or records including detail financial business transactions. This position will be responsible for ensuring compliance with Aerospace Corporation's policies and procedures related to Travel & Expense and PCard expenses. Demonstrate behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity, and Objectivity.
• Review and approve travel and Expense Reports in accordance with company policies and ensure that transactions are posted accurately in SAP
• Assist with reviewing and approving PCard statements ensuring that transactions are processed in accordance with company policies and appropriate expenses and sales taxes are posted accurately in SAP
• Work closely with end–users in interpreting company policies and provide guidance on how to reconcile their Travel & Expense Reports and PCard statements
• Prepare monthly reconciliations and resolve reconciling items. Prepare and/or post journal entries
• Perform month–end and year–end closing tasks including accruals
• Respond to audit requests and provide information as needed
• Create and/or update procedures document
• Participate in special projects as determined by management
• Customer care follow–up and documentation of implemented changes
• Other Travel Accounting related tasks as determined by management and business needs
• Contribute to system and process improvements to support initiatives and projects
• Perform rotating duties within the Travel Accounting organization including but not limited to:
o Reconcile Concur/SAP Interfaces
o Administer AMEX Corporate Cards
o Cost Transfers
o Airfare Reconciliation
• 10 or more years of relevant experience
• Experience with Corporate Card products including account management
• Strong knowledge of accounting, accounting system, and company policies
• Experience as a functional SAP user or similar ERP tools
• Experience as a functional user of Concur Travel and Expense System or similar expense reimbursement tools
• Proficiency in standard office tools including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Must work well in a team environment
• Effectively interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management
• Ability to interact with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audits
• Must possess strong organizational skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
• Demonstrate flexibility and ability in adapting to organizational changes
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business
• Experience with system implementation and/or process improvements
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space–related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state–of–the–art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at or by email at . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .