Position Description: Project Accountant
Sciame Construction has a 40+ year track record of excellence in construction and is currently seeking and individual to fill a project manager position for a large in–process construction project.
The Project Accountant position is accountable for preparing and distributing the monthly invoice for large scale construction projects as well as tracking all invoices and payments to and from vendors. We are a top–tier NYC construction manager with an award winning
portfolio of high profile projects.
- Create all AIA Format project–related billings to customers
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project in conjunction with Project Managers.
- Meet with lenders, architects, and clients on a regular basis to review requisitions and work on site.
- Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project
- Review and approve vendor charges to be applied to a project
- Create and submit city required forms.
- Maintain all billing records.
- Reconcile actual costs with financial reporting tools.
- Assist Project Executive in year end reporting.
- Distribute and collect all lien waivers.
- Distribute and track payments to vendors.
- Respond to requests for more detail from customers
- Assist Project Managers with close out of project accounts upon completion.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
Desired Qualifications: A bachelor's degree in business or accounting, with detailed knowledge of AIA G702/703 Forms, construction billings, and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of Procore a +. Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion. Strong attention to detail and service orientation. Must have excellent communication and writing skills, and at least three years of experience in project accounting.
Salary is commensurate with experience and is competitive within the industry. Benefits package and Bonus are additional components for consideration.