Denver, CO – Full–Time Permanent
About the Role
Reporting to the VP Finance & Corporate Functions, this role will be responsible for leading the financial accounting team, financial reporting, financial controls, and process improvements for the finance function.
- Provide thoughtful leadership to assist executive level decision making through analytical insight into core business decisions.
- Leading and achieving an efficient month end and annual close process including the financial reporting, variance analysis and trending reports within set deadlines.
- Manage the accounting functions including review of journal entries, establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Support the annual business budgeting and planning process, quarterly forecasting processes and participate in strategic planning activities.
- Manage cash flow for each AEG company including currency exchange between companies, working capital, and line of credit.
- Preparation of corporate tax returns.
- Work with Operations to ensure business plan objectives are being met and/or help develop corrective actions.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, direction, coaching, and professional development opportunities for a team of project accountants.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the financial risk profile and implement/oversee appropriate improvement measures.
- Manage special projects that support the broad–based needs of a rapidly expanding Company.
- All other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Completion of a CPA designation.
- 8 + years of experience in a senior–level finance position with previous experience in an environmental, EPC or other related consulting services.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and authorizations within jurisdictions where the AEG Companies have operations.
- Knowledge of Canadian and U.S. corporate tax landscapes as applied to environmental services companies.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our careers website and apply online:
AEG has offices in Colorado (Denver, Canon City, and Fort Collins) and Canada (Saskatoon, Toronto, Vancouver and Whitehorse) and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Alexco Resource Corp. We offer our employees an excellent total rewards experience, which not only includes pay and benefits, but also includes your personal development and growth. We believe in giving you the opportunity to learn and to help make an impact on the sustainability of the environment.
Alexco Environmental Group believes in a diverse working environment and a culture where differences are valued.