Bookkeeper / Office Administrator - Chicago
Janler Corporation, an established plastic injection molding company, is seeking a local Bookkeeper / Office Administratorto join our team in the Edison Park area of Chicago's north side.
Founded in 1952, Janleris a great family business with over 65+ years of expertise in designing and building precision plastic injection molds as well as molding product.Currently, Janler is experiencing success and is expanding its business.
The company is continuing to grow steadily and needs solid employees to help meet this demand. This is a great company to work for because the staff is hard working, experienced, and fun.
The ideal candidate must be able to interact with personnel at all levels of the organization, and handle all daily duties and responsibilities as listed:
- Maintains Accounts Payable: Perform A/P processing tasks, such as date–stamping of invoices, filing, reviewing and securing authorization for invoice payments, checking invoices for accuracy and proper GL code classification.Frequent contact with vendors regarding Accounts Payable. Following up and resolving open A/P items with vendors.
- Prepares payroll bi–weekly. Prepares vacation schedules for each department. Supports administration of Group Health, Life and Dental Insurance transactions.
- Assists with month end closings, annual audits, cash flow reporting, bank relationship reporting.
- Performs account reconciliations; Prepares bank deposits and reports.
- Participates in monthly closing by preparing special journal entries and entering them into the computer system. Closes all subsidiary ledgers for month end.
- Human Resources, general accounting functions, billing/receivables and payroll functions.
- Prepares new employee files for Human Resources; maintains employee files; generates initial employee payroll entry; schedules New Hire Orientation.
- Maintains Group Health, Dental insurance records including new enrollment and changes for monthly insurance billing.
- Supports Controller with month end reporting and other duties, as assigned.
- Maintains Phone system; answering, placing and, routing daily phone calls.
- Performs non inventory purchases. Maintains, receives and shelves shipments of office supplies.
- Other related purchasing duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum High School diploma, 2–4 year college degree a plus.
- Purchasing and job costing environment experience a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Accounting/Bookkeeping/office administration within a manufacturing environment job shop preferred.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, Accounting system software, JobBoss a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to interface with all levels of personnel.
- Positive attitude and solid understanding of Total Customer Satisfaction.**