The Finance Manager provides oversight and management of CSU Online's day to day financial operations. As the division's "Fiscal Officer", this position approves and ensures accurate coding of expenditures, processes revenue distributions totaling $27M annually, and ensures compliance with all fiscal rules, regulations, and procedures. This position reports to the Director of Finance and provides direct oversight of accounts payable/receivable, generates financial reports, and assists the Director of Finance in managing the division's $45M revenue and expense budget.
Open date: 10/15/2019
Close date: 11/04/2019
Salary: $44,760 – $53,976 + Full Benefits
This full–time position will be located on site in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Three years (36 months at full–time, 40 hrs/wk) of progressively responsible experience in accounting or financial management.
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related to this position:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant business area (i.e. Accounting, Finance, or Business, or related field)
- Demonstrated knowledge of cost accounting standards, accounting principles and concepts, and terminology, and generally accepted accounting principles
- Computer skills specifically with Microsoft Office suite including experience in MS Excel (pivot tables, macros, formulas/calculations, and maintaining complex spreadsheets)
- Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated through application materials
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Positive customer service/collaborative approach to working with others
- Demonstrated experience enforcing policies in a diplomatic and collaborative manner
- Ability to train, teach, document, and support financial practices
- Experience working in higher education or government accounting
- Demonstrated skills effectively creating and implementing accounting policies and processes
- Knowledge of CSU accounting and procurement policies, processes, and procedures
- Experience with CSU financial and reporting systems (Kuali Financial System, Web Focus)
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including campus partners, leadership, and across teams
- Strong problem–solving capability, able to research information, determine cause of an issue, present solutions
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction while keeping to desired deadlines
- Familiarity with sponsored project funding and grant fund management
Special Instructions to Applicants:
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the Work Experience section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full–time work experience. Please note: Part–time experience will be calculated to determine the full–time equivalent.
- The Work Experience is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered "Incomplete", the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if "see resume" (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (e.g.: Associate or Bachelor's) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application; however, some positions may still require a resume as a component for complete application materials.
- **Please see the Required Documents section of the posting.
- Appointment to the vacancy or vacancies represented by this announcement is expected to be from the eligible list created. However, at the discretion of the appointing authority, the position(s) may be filled by another method of appointment for a valid articulated business reason.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s) and interview(s) which require candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates' own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from , OR the Employment Consultant facilitating the search process. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the Help link online at for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office 491– MyHR(6947).
Conditions of Employment
Pre–employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non–discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Acting Title IX Coordinator is the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs, 201 Administration Building, Fort Collins, CO. 80, .
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80, .
Please read the full job description at: