The Permanent Division of Robert Half are proud to be working in partnership with an innovative FMCG business who are leading the way in terms of design and development within their industry.
Working closely with the Commercial Finance Manager, you will prepare, develop and analyse key financial information to support the decision-making process. You will work closely with all departments across the organisation so it is imperative you are able to build effective working relationships. The role is a broad role and you'll need to be comfortable working on management accounting coupled with the ability to support commercial decision making and see the "bigger picture".
Responsibilities will include:
- Distribution and review of financial KPIs across the Commercial function
- Own business performance measurement reports with detailed analysis and commentary to support the development of financial insights
- Monitors its dedicated commercial teams' performance and variance against the agreed plan, providing detailed trend analysis and exception reporting
- Drive cost controllership, bringing deep understanding of cost drivers to monitor & optimise Commercial spend effectiveness
- Support Commercial in all financial aspects of initiatives and projects using established financial evaluation tools
- It is essential the candidate is a Qualified Accountant or in the latter stages of studies - ACA, ACCA, or CIMA
- Strong communication skills - able to push back AND able to support stakeholder with projects
- High degree of commercial acumen
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Able to work within tight deadlines
- Results orientated, with a desire to succeed
Based in Northampton, the business is at the forefront of innovation, offer fantastic career development and are known for developing talent.
Salary & Benefits
The role of Commercial Accountant has a range of £40,000 - £45,000, plus bonus (study if needed) and benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.