Assistant Accountant (6 month Maternity cover)
This role, Assistant Accountant (6 month Maternity cover), is in a British Transport company. The role is both fast-paced and varied, offering the right candidate a new and exciting challenge.
Applicants must be immediately available or on a maximum of one week's notice.
Our client is an established UK company within the Transport industry. They produce railway parts and distribute these to their respective clients.
They are looking for a motivated, experienced Assistant Accountant to join their Accountancy team.
The client's business is all over the UK, but their head office is located in Central London.
The key responsibilities in this role, Assistant Accountant (6 month Maternity cover), include but are not limited to:
- Managing of the Sales Ledger
- Matching, batching and coding of invoices
- Maintenance of the cash book and petty cash accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Accruals and prepayments
- Updating and managing journals
- Liaising with other departments
- Managing quarterly VAT returns
The successful candidate will:
1) have at least two years experience in Accountancy
2) have worked with Financial systems and Excel
3) be immediately available or on a maximum of one week's notice
The successful candidate for this role, Assistant Accountant (6 month Maternity cover), has the opportunity of working on a temporary basis, with the potential of becoming permanent within a large UK based company within Transport.
It is a varied role with a potential for expanding duties if the candidate is successful within the role.
The candidate will have the opportunity to excel within this role and expand their knowledge and experience.