Performance Improvement Insurance Finance (IFRS 17 Business Analyst), Manager (Financial Services)
1 day left
- Full time
Performance Improvement Insurance Finance (IFRS 17 Business Analyst), Manager (Financial Services), Advisory, Singapore
We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
EY’s Performance Improvement Advisory professionals bring a wealth of experience in working with major financial institutions to align their operating model and infrastructure to their business’ strategic objectives. We assemble the right multi-disciplinary teams, use consistent and proven global methodologies and tools, and draw on the full breadth of EY’s global network, to deliver value and trusted advice to the clients. The key service offerings cover finance function transformation, customer and distribution effectiveness, operations, shared services / outsourcing support, performance management, program advisory, enterprise intelligence, risk management and regulatory change.
With the recent introduction of the IFRS 17 accounting standards, EY is looking for individuals who are able to perform and lead as a business analyst to prepare/ review of user requirements, review functional designs to support IFRS 17 project deliverables.
Your key responsibilities
As markets rapidly change and develop, finance functions must demonstrate real added value to their business. As a finance advisor, you’ll use your experience and knowledge to help deliver greater insight – delivering functional efficiencies as well as transforming the role of finance in our clients’ businesses. You’ll be developing innovative, sustainable ways to improve the management of people, processes and systems, working alongside other finance professionals in high-performing teams.
For the IFRS 17 component, you will be required to perform the following:
- Define and consolidate business requirements for the IFRS 17 implementation and formulate the functional design for solutioning. This will require coordination with IT, actuarial and finance teams.
- You will be required to understand, communicate and assess major risks and issues that may potentially occur during the IFRS 17 implementation.
- Manage end-to-end system and User Acceptance Testing.
- Provide participation and feedback on the policies, procedures and processes for financial planning and reporting that is required for IFRS17.
- Perform stakeholder management so that the necessary information is made aware for stakeholder decision.
Skills and attributes for success
- Good understanding of IFRS 17 requirements, economic or market issues and the ability to interpret their impact on clients.
- A strong accounting background. Certified Accountants will be highly regarded
- A strong understanding of the Insurance and Reinsurance industry
- Strong communications skills and evident working with people and teams from different ethnic backgrounds.
- Leverage technology to continually learn, improve service delivery and maintain our leading edge best practices
- Strong presentation skills and proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to direct high-performing teams across the organization through strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor or Master Degree with a minimum of 8 years’ working experience, preferably with 3 years in a business consulting role in a leading consultancy firm.
- Strong business acumen within the financial sector, with experience in the following discipline
- Have hands-on experience in both design and implementation with the ability to articulate best practices and drive workshops.
- Extensive experience working as a business analyst within the insurance industry with knowledge in finance processes and basic actuarial understanding.
- Proven capabilities in delivering business transformation projects and programs, Finance Transformation projects and / or Financial Operating Model would be an advantage.
- Ability to establish personal credibility quickly and deliver high quality deliverables.
- Demonstrated key subject matter expert with the ability to develop thought leadership and deliver solutions for clients.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of working within ASEAN
- Strong stakeholder management skills in understanding strategic direction and being able to convert into cohesive change management strategy and plans
- Ability to develop client opportunities and identify market growth opportunities
- Ability to support the business development cycle
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.