Performance Improvement Finance (BI Suite Visualization Developer) Senior (Financial Services)
Performance Improvement Finance (BI Suite Visualization Developer) Senior (Financial Services), Advisory, Singapore
We are the only professional services organization who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
EY’s Performance Improvement Advisory professionals bring a wealth of experience in working with major financial institutions to align their operating model and infrastructure to their business’ strategic objectives. We assemble the right multi-disciplinary teams, use consistent and proven global methodologies and tools, and draw on the full breadth of EY’s global network, to deliver value and trusted advice to the clients. The key service offerings cover finance function transformation, customer and distribution effectiveness, operations, shared services / outsourcing support, performance management, program advisory, enterprise intelligence, risk management and regulatory change.
With the recent introduction of the IFRS 17 accounting standards, EY is looking for individuals who are able to perform as a business analyst to prepare/ review of user requirements, review functional designs to support IFRS 17 project deliverables.
Your key responsibilities
As markets rapidly change and develop, finance functions must demonstrate real added value to their business. As a finance BI advisor, you’ll use your experience and knowledge to help deliver greater insight – delivering functional efficiencies as well as transforming the role of finance in our clients’ businesses. You’ll be developing innovative, sustainable ways to improve the management of people, processes and systems, working alongside other finance professionals in high-performing teams.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Develop dashboards and reports within Tableau, Microsoft Power BI or SAP BI to assist clients in understanding complex data
- Install, configure and administer BI suite of products
- Design and implement proof-of-concept solutions and create advanced BI visualizations
- Assist with promoting BI suites and visualization across client base, increasing adoption
- Develop and coach junior team members and other BI technical resources
- Distill business requirements to succinct business rules definition/logic
- Lead activities to help understand business objectives, assumptions and constraints related to a particular challenge where BI suite can serve as a solution
- Work with senior staff to implement the company's go-to-market data visualization strategy
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis with a view to sourcing and blending data into meaningful output
For the IFRS 17 component, you will be required to perform the following:
- Support the definition and consolidation of business requirements for the IFRS 17 reporting and formulate the functional design of the solution. This will require coordination with IT, actuarial and finance teams.
- Understand the terms and definitions under IFRS 17 and data preparation required for reporting a derived metric
- Support end-to-end system and User Acceptance Testing.
Skills and attributes for success
- Good understanding of economic or market issues and the ability to interpret their impact on clients
- An understanding of the Insurance and Reinsurance industry
- Appreciation of the IFRS 17 requirements, economic or market issues and the ability to interpret their impact on clients.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills and willingness to work with people and teams from different ethnic backgrounds
- Leverage technology to continually learn, improve service delivery and maintain our leading edge best practices
- Strong presentation skills and proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
To qualify for the role you must have
- A solid 5 years' experience working in a data analysis and/or visualization role
- In-depth knowledge of BI Suites (Desktop, Server and Reader)
- Advanced knowledge of BI and/or Data Warehousing concepts and methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of Finance domain (Risk, Capital Markets, Wealth and Asset Management, Insurance etc.)
- Agile and waterfall delivery
- Dynamic, agile problem-solving skills
- Strong hands-on experience managing time-pressured deliveries
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Ability to create and present executive level analysis and reports
- Ability to effectively discuss, translate, and describe highly technical subjects to a non-technical audience
- Experience in relational DBs (e.g. Oracle, Teradata or SQL Server) is a huge plus
- Experience in Big Data and NoSQL platforms would be an added advantage
- Experience of ETL tools (e.g. Informatica or DataStage) would be an added advantage
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of working within ASEAN
- Strong stakeholder management skills in understanding strategic direction
- Ability to support the business development cycle
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization
What working at EY offers?
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.