Fixed Income Product Controller
See yourself in our team
Product Control a key part of IB&M Finance. It is a global team responsible for the independent oversight and financial control of the Global Markets business. Key functions include oversight of all daily P&L production and analysis including attribution and commentary, month end accounting, General Ledger balance sheet reconciliations and other special tasks of the business across the full product range.
Product Control is a diverse team with staff in Sydney, London, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong, who work collaboratively to support the Global Markets business.
You’ll work closely with other members of the Global Markets Product Control team, which is made up of experienced Product Accountants with backgrounds across Markets businesses in a range of institutions globally.
Do work that matters
The product controllers’ mandate is to maintain a strong control framework around daily P&L and financial reporting. In addition, developing relationships with Front Office & other stakeholder areas such as Risk and Operations will be a key success factor in order to promote the Product Control group as a trusted and respected business partner.
As a product controller for the Fixed Income business in Global Markets your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of daily P&L reports
- Analysis and interpretation of daily results in line with market moves, P&L drivers and risk positions including investigating variance to trader estimate and ensuring revenue attribution is accurate
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of product source system data interfacing the general ledger
- Balance sheet substantiation and month end ledger close
- Assistance in statutory and regulatory reporting
- Partnering Front Office on strategic desk initiatives
- Improving efficiency of controls and processes to add value to the business
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA / CPA Qualified with strong Accounting skills
- Good understanding of fixed income and derivative products, including valuation concepts and methodologies
- Strong accounting skills with good working knowledge of relevant accounting standards
- Strong numeracy
- Basic knowledge of SQL and VBA is desirable
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service, delivering quality outcomes and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Outcome driven, ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills leading to openness, honesty and transparency at all times, ability to explain complex matters in simple terms
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.
Applications close: 31 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.