Finance Manager - Murphy
Position Summary: Snap–on, Inc., a Fortune 1000 company and the world's leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of professional tools and equipment seeks a Finance Manager to direct, plan and validate all accounting activities in our Murphy, NC plant. Reporting to the Power Tools Group Controller, this position will lead a team of 6 direct reports to ensure proper reporting of plant operations and financials. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and resolving reporting discrepancies, whether personnel, policy or system related and will analyze plant financial results for this $180M operation, while providing recommendations to maintain and improve overall plant performance. The Finance Manager will plan and develop the Murphy plant's annual operating budget, quarterly forecasts and monthly flashes that meet desired financial performance, service, safety, and quality objectives and will ensure the integrity of product standard costs. In addition to a competitive salary and relocation support (where necessary), the successful candidate for this role will be eligible for annual bonuses, a defined pension plan, and 401K plan with a company match as well as a full suite of other benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance.Responsibilities
- Direct and validate all accounting activities including labor distribution, inventories, general receipts, scrap, rework, accounts payable, closed order variances, fixed assets transactions, journal entries. (Includes monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.)
- Identify and resolve reporting discrepancies and concerns involving personnel or system processing or plant policies and procedures.
- Analyze monthly plant financial results. Initiate and implement cost reduction recommendations in both product and operations. Explain variances and corrective action taken to eliminate unfavorable variances or maintain favorable variances.
- Review capital expenditure requests. Ensure accuracy of assumptions and accountability for attaining promised results.
- Provide weekly financial flashes with emphasis on action items necessary to keep or bring the facility back on track to meet financial goals.
- Formal four–quarter rolling forecast process is completed and submitted to corporate quarterly. Explain reasoning for significant changes from prior periods.
- Plan and develop the annual plant operating budgets based on current plant capabilities and desired cost, service and quality objectives.
- Manage cycle counting inventory process.
- Set standard cost via annual cost roll. Make recommendations and focus plant management on products or product groups
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related specialty. MBA and or CPA/CMA preferred. 7+ years of practical experience, preferably in a manufacturing operation, with focus in cost accounting.
- Computer skills including large company ERP experience, Microsoft Office software and Hyperion.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of general accounting, cost accounting, and purchasing
- Solid manufacturing based financial and operational knowledge.
- Demonstrated skills in operation planning and cost reduction.
- A comprehensive understanding and knowledge of a standard cost system and the corresponding budgeting process.
- Excellent analytical and auditing skills. Proficient in verbal and written communications.
- Individual characteristics should include: team oriented, flexible, organized and possesses absolute work ethics and moral values.
- The ability to continually and constructively question and challenge the current practices and processes.
- Competencies should include: Innovation, management practices, leadership skills, judgement, and good initiative.
- $180M Annual Revenue
- Manufacturing, Distribution and External Sales
- 300 Employees at location
- 6 Direct Reports