Robert Half are partnering with one of the world's most successful fund managers to recruit for a Financial Controller to run the finance function for one of their latest investments based in the West End of London.
This new position will sit within one of their latest and most prosperous joint-venture that focuses on acquiring renewable energy assets across the UK. They've already acquired 4 large assets across the UK and Ireland totalling £230m and have a pipeline with another £230m of capital to deploy in the next 12 months.
The finance is currently being handled by their outsourced accountants, however, the plan is for the new hire to come in and work closely with them in implementing the finance function and bring everything in-house. The general duties will consist of:
- Group financial accounting and financial reporting
- Help to shape the controls and processes of the finance function
- Overall responsibility for the general ledger of the wider structure
- Maintenance and control of asset structures including bookkeeping, quarterly and statutory annual accounts
- Assist with group level monthly and quarterly reporting to Investors
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns for Propcos
- Group VAT return
- Responsibility for the accounts payable function. Includes set-up and processing of payments
- Liaise with external tax advisors for the preparation of year end corporation tax returns
- Assist with bank debt covenant reporting
- Assist in corporate secretarial responsibilities for the group entities, including companies house filings, board meetings and resolutions
- Understanding of internal Excel underwriting model to help create a link between the model and Investor reporting output
- Auditing of the underwriting model for new opportunities and preparation of underwriting models and appraisals for potential transactions
To be considered for this Financial Controller position based in London's West End you must meet the following criteria:
- An ACA or ACCA qualified accountant
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a financial reporting position
- Have gained experience in financial services, energy/infrastructure or in a start-up environment
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot Tables, V-Look Ups
- High level of attention to detail
- Pragmatic approach to numbers
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and system skills
The successful Financial Controller will be offered a salary of £60-75,000 plus a discretionary bonus of anywhere in the region of 25-40%.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.