IT Audit Manager
IT Audit Manager– Medina, MN
Dahl Consulting has teamed with our client Polaris to hire an IT Audit Manager. The IT Audit Manager will support the Chief Audit Executive in planning and executing a comprehensive internal audit function.
3–6 month contract, possibly Contract–Hire
- Develop cross functional, cross business unit, global technology audit program which focuses on significant enterprise risks and Audit Committee and executive leadership priorities.
- Proactively engage functional and business unit partners to understand and assess broad implications of the use of technology in business processes and system and application changes throughout the organization.
- Lead multiple on–going audit projects; provide direction, review deliverables, and manage all aspects of the projects.
- Plan, execute, and report on audit procedures, including conducting interviews, reviewing process and transaction flows, testing of transactions and processes, making inquiries and observations, and analyzing trends and results for domestic and international operations with independence, objectivity and a high degree of professionalism.
- Prepare and review materials for management and the Audit Committee with objective analysis and develop recommendations when current practices are not consistent with policies/standard procedures and/or fail to provide required assurance.
- Develop and present creative alternatives and recommended solutions to complex problems, including cross functional processes which involve multiple process owners and stakeholders across multiple systems and locations.
- Identify opportunities for and drive process improvement within Internal Audit team and throughout the organization to create operational efficiencies.
- Support Chief Audit Executive in meeting Internal Audit team objectives, Finance, IT, and Legal functional objectives, and Company–wide strategic initiatives.
- Conduct ad–hoc audits and investigations as requested by management and the Audit Committee.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with external auditors and management to support completion of annual audit plan and Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 compliance.
- Lead, develop, and coach the Internal Audit team. Set individual goals aligned with Company and Internal Audit team objectives. Monitor progress to Company, team, and individual goals.
- Assist in the evaluation of the Company's risk profile and performance of annual and ad hoc risk assessments to develop a comprehensive internal audit plan.
- Identify and lead special projects to meet team objectives, as necessary.
- Benchmark Company risk management, information technology, and reporting practices against industry peers, other Fortune 500 companies, and Twin Cities counterparts. Provide recommendations for process improvements to be considered by management.
- Monitor changes in regulations that may have an impact on the Company and proactively provide alternative solutions.
- Strong analytical ability to evaluate, assess, and benchmark IT control environments inherited through the Company's continued M&A activities.
- BS/BA required, degree in Accounting, MIS, Finance, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in financial statement and/or IT audit, including IT security experience
- 2+ years at the management level
- Extensive experience with Sarbanes–Oxley Section 404 and COSO integrated framework
- Manufacturing and/or technology industry experience preferred
- CPA, CIA, and/or CISA certification(s) preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficient in auditing principles, practices, and procedures to complete complex projects
- Excellent project management skills with a proven track record of implementing change effectively and timely
- Proven experience working and communicating effectively with all levels of management