Convergent Energy + Power is offering a unique opportunity to join a market–leading energy storage asset developer within the rapidly growing renewable energy sector. Convergent places a premium on flexibility, creative problem solving, multi–tasking, teamwork, self–starting work ethic, and superlative deliverables. Our team works collaboratively towards the collective mission of developing and executing a pipeline of profitable energy storage assets in a fast–moving market environment.
To support this mission, the Company is looking for a Senior Accountant who must be organized and highly motivated team player with strong understanding of US GAAP. This is a perfect role for someone who is seeking to join a growing and progressive company. This position is based in New York City and will report directly to the Corporate Controller.
- Responsible for day–to–day accounting operations and month–end close. Ensures timely and accurate reporting in accordance with US GAAP accounting standards.
- Assist in preparing consolidated financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system. Prepare intercompany reconciliation and recording of foreign exchange transactions.
- Perform bank reconciliations and a series of other balance sheet reconciliations as assigned.
- Assist with the analyzing balance sheet and income statement accounts, determining variances and trends and report to management.
- Develop and implement process improvement initiatives making accounting processes more accurate and efficient while maintaining and enhancing business reporting initiatives.
- Evaluates existing accounting methods and processes to automate and streamline.
- Make recommendations for improving policies and procedures.
- Perform ad–hoc projects as assigned
?? Must have at least 5 years of general ledger accounting and consolidation experience.
?? Must have bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
?? Experience dealing with multiple business units and foreign currency preferred
?? Experience in implementation of ERP system strongly preferred
?? Showcase strong problem–solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
?? Ability to coordinate and prioritize numerous important tasks, as well as proactively identify and address potential issues in a fast–paced work environment.